The meme comes from shouldbereading, and all you have to do is answer these questions: What are you currently reading? What did you recently finish reading? and What are you planning to read next?
- Matchbox Girls by Chrysoula Tzavelas – two thirds of the way through or so, really enjoying it so far! (The reason I have been “reading” this for a few weeks is not because I’m not into it or because it’s a slow read – it’s actually a very fast-paced book. It’s that this is an ebook and I keep forgetting about/misplacing/etc my tablet that I read on. I’m still not that used to ebooks.)
- Red Planet Blues by Robert Sawyer (arc) – I got this arc from WFC in November, finally reading it now. I’ll post a review when I’m done; 10 chapters in now.
- Homer, Iliad bk 1 – up to line 245, slow but steady
- Livy book 1 – still at 1.34
- Palimpsest by Catherynne Valente – my review is here.
plan to read next
- SFF: either The Spirit Lens or Song of the Beast, both by Carol Berg
- crime/thriller: Double Dexter by Jeff Lindsay
- historical fiction: probably The Eagle’s Daughter by Judith Tarr
- in French: Molière, Le misanthrope
- classics: I’m still technically in the middle of Dracula, I should probably finish that
Out of all those, I think the Molière is up on deck first. I need to keep consciously making time for reading in my non-English languages, or else I just won’t.